Sunday, April 1, 2012

Hello to all,

I'm finally back and ready to do some foodie blogging once again! I am currently studying abroad in Cork, Ireland for a semester and let me tell you, it feels surreal. I can't say I am a huge fan of their food. It is almost exactly what you think of when you think of Ireland. Potatoes, potatoes, potatoes. and some meat on the side. Haha but for real. The first night I arrived, my friend Erin and I went to a pub to experience some traditional Irish food. We had Irish stew which was basically a stew with lamb, potatoes, carrots and celery and it was a nice hearty meal and of course we had to order our pints of Guinness on the side!


Overall I would say all the Irish food is fairly similar. The basis of their dishes mostly come down to potatoes. Oh and of course. The fish and chips. I had my first steaming fresh basket of fish and chips in Dublin, Ireland. It was quite delicious. But it was definitely a lot of fried food. It was so heavy I could not finish it all! But definitely something to try when you're in Ireland!



No comments:

Post a Comment